Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Masters at Arms & Nobody's Angel by Kallypso Masters



Masters at Arms & Nobody's Angel by Kallypso Masters

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



It has been well over a year since I read either of these novels, but I have read both of them multiple times (along with most of the books in the series). As such, I will strive not to reveal spoilers for future books while trying to explain exactly how much I LOVE this series and why I jumped at the chance to reread them when I stink at writing reviews for books I’ve read multiple times.

Masters at Arms – 5 stars

The first time I read Masters at Arms, I had “bought” it as a Kindle freebie. This was another one of my early forays into the BDSM genre and that Ms. Masters chose the make her Alpha Doms ex-military certainly got my attention. As the series prequel, each chapter/section is sort of a vignette as to how several of the series’ main characters meet. The book’s style is not one that typically appeals to me, yet Ms. Masters managed to give me enough background on each of the characters that she enticed me to buy and read Nobody’s Angel and Nobody’s Hero immediately after I finished reading it. As this is a combo novel, I need no excuse to rush off now to re-read Nobody’s Angel.

Nobody’s Angel – 5 stars

Despite having read Nobody’s Angel several times, I still find myself responding to different parts of the story as if it were my first time reading it – cringing at Angelina’s first experience with BDSM, being seduced right alongside Angelina by Luke and Marc, confusion at Luke’s distance, frustration with Marc (take your pick of scenes), fear during the abduction scene, and heartbreak when Angelina and her siblings find out the truth of what happened the day their father died. Ms. Masters hooked me with Masters at Arms, but she reeled me in with Nobody’s Angel. She does an amazing job of penning wonderfully erotic sex scenes and weaving them into the story so that her books move seamlessly from scene to scene without leaving me with the contrived-scene taste in my mouth. I absolutely love this series and look forward to setting time aside to reread the rest of the books in the series, especially Nobody’s Hero which may very well be my favorite book in the series. Thank you Ms. Masters for creating such an addictive cast of characters.

I reviewed my personal copy of the book.
Reviewed by Angela at Crystal's Many Reviewers!

Check out the Throwback: Masters at Arms & Nobody's Angel by Kallypso Masters blog post on Crystal's Many Reviewers.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment