Friday, November 28, 2014

Review of Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia


Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



The cast of characters in this book were awesome. I consider any book in which the author can make me love the bad guy a success, and Ms. Anastasia definitely made me love Beckett. While this book is primarily about Blake and Livia, there are so many relationships in Poughkeepsie to watch develop and flourish I found myself fully engaged and entertained.

I have read several books in which one of the main characters had a mental illness, but never one in which he was homeless and I couldn't wait to see how the author developed such a character and the subsequent relationship. I must say that I absolutely adore Blake and was rooting for him and Livia the whole time. I grew up with a parent with mental health issues and I found Blake's character to be so real and the way Livia had to interact with him at times hit close to home. Well done Ms. Anastasia!

I don't like spoilers, so there's not much more I can say about the specifics of the book. I look forward to reading Return to Poughkeepsie.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment