Friday, June 26, 2015

The Virgin's Night Out by Shiloh Walker

The Virgin's Night OutThe Virgin's Night Out by Shiloh Walker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The first thing you should know is that The Virgin’s Night Out encompasses about 60% of the book; the “bonus story,” Tempt Me accounts for the other 40%. So rather than getting a novel and a short story (which is what I expected), I got two novellas – but I’m not complaining. In true Shiloh Walker style, both novellas provided a satisfactory resolution to their respective (and unrelated) storylines while leaving me wanting to know more about each of the couples featured.

The Virgin’s Night Out is exactly that – Sloane Redding’s last night out as a virgin. Granted she didn’t go out that night with the intent of losing her virginity. Rather she went out to show her ex-fiancé what he missed out on by dumping her right before their wedding. I am pleased to report that she did so splendidly and did the jilted ladies of the world proud when she gave him what he deserved after he refused to accept her brush-off. Equally enjoyable was Boone’s reaction to Sloane’s ability to put her ex in his place. As the reader, already knowing that Boone and Sloane hook up without telling one another their names and that they are destined to meet the next day as members of Sloane’s brother’s wedding party did not diminish the entertainment value of those scenes one iota. The chemistry between Sloane and Boone was intense and made Sloane’s reactions toward the unpleasantness that became Boone’s life feel real. The twists and turns that Ms. Walker included kept the novella moving forward and left me wanting more of Sloane and Boone’s story (hint, hint).

The bonus story, Tempt Me, is a tasty little BBW romance that left me wishing I owned a corset. The fact that the “mean girl” gets her comeuppance merely added to my enjoyments of the steamy little novella that left me jealous of Rocki’s creativity, self-confidence, and man. Much like in The Virgin’s Night Out, Ms. Walker gives readers a few twists and turns that kept me glued to my Kindle as I raced to the end to find out how it was going to play out. As much as I enjoyed Rocki and Cole’s story, I WANT MORE! Well done Ms. Walker. I loved both of these novellas and look forward to reading them both again.

I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Angela at Crystal's Many Reviewers!

Check out The Virgin’s Night Out by Shiloh Walker blog post on Crystal's Many Reviewers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment