Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Goblin King by Heather Killough-Walden

The Goblin King The Goblin King by Heather Killough-Walden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I. Bawled. My. Eyes. Out! Good grief I was not expecting that at all. To make matters worse, I was reading at work so I had to stop reading and compose myself before continuing on. Guess what? It didn’t work. Fortunately for me, I work in a setting where I can read without issue so my puffy eyes only bothered me … and my heart because THAT scene was one of the most devastating scenes I’ve read in both the Big Bad Wolf series and The Kings series. The Goblin King gives the author an opportunity to push the boundaries of the realms and she does so with fervor, or so it would seem. And I for one, could not read this book fast enough to find out what kind of woman was destined to be the Goblin Queen.

As I’ve only read one other series featuring a Goblin King, I was fascinated to read Killough-Walden’s spin on this enigmatic man. Because I have virtually no basis for comparison and lack knowledge of this particular fae (truth be told, I didn’t realize/remember he was fae prior to this book), I cannot comment on how closely the author holds to the myths and legends. What I can say is that Damon Chroi is a fascinating man who rules over a dark and equally interesting realm. It stands to reason that if our Goblin King is fascinating, his Goblin Queen would be even more so and the author does not disappoint when Diana Piper proves just why the fates have chosen her to rule over the Goblin realm – whether she thinks herself special or not.

Even as Damon sets to convince Diana that she is meant to be his queen and why she is needed in the Goblin realm, the battle with the master and his minions continues. There was a time or two when I felt as though The Goblin King focused more on Evie and Roman than on Damon and his queen, but that was mainly because I wanted to see the Goblin King claim his Goblin Queen. When the actual physical claiming occurred … Oh my word!!! That man knows how to clear a table, that’s for sure. Fortunately the kings and their newly found queens seem to be holding off the threat, but Rafael’s plans and machinations on behalf of the master are frightening to dwell upon because I’m not sure I’m up to the crying that would ensue should he prove successful. The Goblin King was an excellent addition to The Kings series and I cannot wait to read on. Fortunately I have The Seelie King and The Unseelie King loaded on my Kindle and all ready to go so I can find out what happens next.

I reviewed my personal copy of this book.
Reviewed by Angela at Crystal's Many Reviewers!

Check out The Goblin King (The Kings #4) by Heather Killough-Walden blog post on Crystal's Many Reviewers.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment