Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Warlock King by Heather Killough-Walden

The Warlock King The Warlock King by Heather Killough-Walden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!!! I cannot believe all that happened in The Warlock King. I began the book knowing that Jason was finally going to claim his queen, but I had no idea just how special his queen would be. Yes, so far Evie and Siobhan have proven that the women destined to be queen were special. But Chloe is even more special than I would have thought possible. And it is killing me not to say why. Seriously, the world may be lucky that Chloe has basically starved herself for most of her existence because once the truth of her Akyri roots were revealed, I can only imagine what her future holds. And it seems fitting that an Akyri as special as she would deserve an equally special warlock as her “partner” so the Warlock King is a fitting choice by the fates.

We first encountered Chloe in The Vampire King and I say encountered because she was there and gone so quickly it doesn’t count as meeting her. The Warlock King quickly rectifies this as we spend time with Chloe while she tries to figure out how best to avoid Jason and whether or not she really wants to. Fans of both the Big Bad Wolf series and The Kings series are well acquainted with Jason Alberich – the former leader of Dannai’s coven and the current Warlock King. While we have seen his character evolve over the books and definitely for the better, it is easy to understand why Chloe is trying to evade him. Once you learn the truth of what Chloe is, it’s even more understandable as to why she fears tying herself to ANY warlock, much less the Warlock King. But as Chloe is the woman who has been chosen to be queen (not by Jason, but he’s quite happy with the choice), her claiming by Jason is inevitable. Although both endure an extremely harrowing journey before the claiming, Chloe does a nice job of turning the table on Jason and this made for a highly charged erotic scene.

In addition to the Warlock King claiming his Warlock Queen, Killough-Walden gives readers more information on who is behind the attacks on the kings and a glimpse into what his plans are. I say a glimpse because we are only given a limited amount of information, so while some questions are answered, the end goal still looms. We also discover the secret of who was responsible for Ophelia’s turning and attacking the kings on the “master’s” behalf. The vampire’s identity stunned me to the point I had to walk away from my Kindle momentarily. But I couldn’t stay away long because the reason WHY we learned who he was freaked me out and I am ready to begin The Goblin King next because I have to know the fate of the mystery vampire’s latest captive. The Warlock King was another excellent addition to The Kings series that was an ever better story than I had hoped for and I had pretty freaking high hopes for Jason.

I reviewed my personal copy of this book.
Reviewed by Angela at Crystal's Many Reviewers!

Check out The Warlock King (The Kings #3) by Heather Killough-Walden blog post on Crystal's Many Reviewers.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment